Apple of my Eyes

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Promoting a Product

Every time I go to the supermarket to buy some kitchen utensils, I always see this vegetable cutter displayed on the shelf but I just ignored it. For me it was not useful because I used to cut vegetables with the use of a knife. Although I heard about the brand and quality of that vegetable cutter.

Just last week, I saw group of people surrounding a small table, staring and listening to someone who talked about something. I saw lots of vegetables cut in different shapes on the table. I saw the familiar vegetable cutter I used to see on the shelf. The salesman was explaining the uses of the cutter, its quality and how dependable it is. A good helper in the kitchen and how kids love to eat potato fries in different shapes. I stopped for a while and joined the crowd watching and listening to what the salesman was saying.

After about 5 minutes I was convinced to buy the vegetable cutter. Not only me but almost all the people in the crowd bought the vegetable cutter being promoted by the talkative salesman. I heard from a fellow kababayan that the salesman was trained with this telemarketing technique to attract costumers. So even a product is already out of the market for a long period of time, it is a not a guarantee that it will be a blast to buyers. It still needs promotion from well-trained people who help in marketing the product.





Posted by Ann :: 9:08 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------